Hello from Newfoundland

Pjhobbyfarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi everyone. My wife and i are new to hobbyfarming. We started out last year with chickens and turkeys. We just recently adopted a lamb that is now 3 weeks old. His mother passed just after giving birth. He is a loveable little guy that thinks he is one of the dogs.

I have a question for everyone as I am preparing land for him. Is there a way to identify sheep laurel this time of year? Befote the leaves and flowers bloom? Our snow is just now melting and I know there is sheep laurel in my area. If theres a way to identify the bark on the plant it would help me insure it is removed from my land before he goes outside. I have searched online but have only found how to identify by the leaves and flowers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lukey says Hi.

Attachments

• 20190306_133344.jpg
    20190306_133344.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 164

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Texas. Glad to have you here. Congrats on the lamb, you are going to enjoy him. Will he be a pet? If so, you will want to have him castrated, they don’t call them rams for nothing.

I don’t know what Sheep laurel looks like. Sorry, no help there!

CaramelKittey

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH!

It’s great that you are getting into hobby farming! I started getting into hobby farming, and it turned into a homestead! Lol

Sorry about Lukey’s mother. I almost lost my doe Lucy as she had two big babies: a boy and a girl. The boy and the mom survived. Unfortunately, the little girl didn’t make it ;(.

Sorry I can’t be any help when sheep laurel! I don’t know much about sheep. All I can say is that Lukey is one adorable sheep! I’m sure he really appreciates you for taking him in and giving him a home!

Hope you enjoy BYH!