Hello from North Central Alabama

Mpwelch50

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I’ve recently retired and convinced my city born and bred hubby to let me move back to a farm. We are full time RVers so when our daughter and family retired from military and settled in Alabama on an old horse farm, we moved on to their property. I immediately found some sheep and built a small herd of Katahdin/Dorper crosses. This is new to me because I raised Suffolk and Shetlands back when I was younger. I also picked up a bummer ram lamb last week who now thinks he’s a little human. We also have chickens, turkey and ducks. Back in the 90’s I owned an education farm in NC where we taught kids about farming. They could milk goats, gather eggs, see a sheep getting sheared, and other farm activities. That is my hope for our little piece of heaven. Animals haven’t changed all that much since I left farming but technology sure has. I look forward to being able to find answers faster and meet new people who love the farming life! Blessings, Michelle (mother of 10, grandmother of 22, great grandmother of 3 and wife of a retired army Apache pilot)

MuldrowHomeFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas! Sounds like Heaven in Earth that you are building in your little corner! Good luck and lots of good wishes from our homestead to yours!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas! My husband was born and raised in Florence Alabama. Haha I dragged him to a small farm also. Glad to have you here!

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hey from Georgia!! Sounds like you have lots going on.