Hello from North Florida!

Jessica C

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m in N. FL just about 20 miles to the GA line near Tallahassee.
I grew up on a farm in western KY where we raised horses, cattle, goats, rabbits and chickens.
Now that I’ve bought a 4 acre property I plan to get chickens and guineas for eggs and mainly pest control, meat rabbits, and goats for fun and possibly milk.
I’ll start with the poultry in a couple months and I read where someone on here said chicks and keets can be raised together so I’d like to try that. I want them to be free range at day and cooped at night.
I also plan to have goats but I’m doing more research on that. Whole property will be fenced with hot wire added but I’d like to do some gardening and fruit trees do I need to figure that out.
And I’m on a waitlist for an LGD pup this spring/summer.
I’ve already learned a lot from this forum and look forward to getting to know you all better!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH Jessica, from NE TX! So glad you joined us. Sounds like you've got a plan and are moving forward with it! Sweet! There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. You'll get to "meet" folks at the same time. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Oh, and we all love pics, so post them anytime you feel the need! Please make yourself at home!

Hope you enjoy the site!

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the club! Lots of very nice people on here. Glad to see you joined! :welcome

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wonderful! I’m researching to see what kind of goats I’ll want. I’ve got a contact with fainting goats but the Nigerians sound interesting too.

I have a total of twelve, some registered and some not and six kidding in the spring....years ago I had Nubians, absolutely love these little kids so much more.

Jessica C

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
514F3D66-5B5A-401C-B769-DCCEF080CCE2.jpeg 4166B59F-B1F9-42CA-B537-E9FC6FEC7A63.jpeg 92C7965D-FEEB-49F2-B799-D75B9F25BD91.jpeg 41EEBD88-1CBD-4AE3-BB02-D3B1F4C7A33F.jpeg Hi all! I finally got my goats, three Myotonic (two with a splash of Spanish) weanlings and my LGD. Just wanted to share some pics: