Hello from Northern Michigan

Kat17

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm just here trying to get connections regarding showing rabbits as I am interested in a new hobby. Im looking for jersey woolies to show or any small sized rabbits. Any input on this hobby is welcome.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome :frow, glad you joined us! We raise Californian and French Angora rabbits. Have you checked the ARBA website to see if there are any breeders near you?

Kat17

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Welcome :frow, glad you joined us! We raise Californian and French Angora rabbits. Have you checked the ARBA website to see if there are any breeders near you?
Yes, I checked breeders in michigan and all of them are 3+ hours away, so, I was thinking about attending a show to see if there would be any 4-sale.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe check with some of the breeders and see what shows they might be attending as they might have some available that they would bring.

Good luck, keep us posted on what you get :)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH. If you have no experience with rabbits, we have a really great group of Rabbitteers here. Everything from showing to eating to just pets. @samssimonsays used to raise and show and has helped a lot of folks here. In any case, browse around the forum and make yourself at home. Hope you'll stick around and share your experiences with us. Oh, and we all love pictures, so by all means post some as you go along if you wish!

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven't had any experience with Jersey Woolies, but you mentioned being interested in other small breeds: Netherland Dwarfs, Mini Rex, and Dutch are a few although Dutch are more medium in size. I suppose I drove an hour and half to two hours to get to an acquisition a couple years ago for a pedigreed NZW doe and NZW Jr Buck. Unfortunately, there isn't anyone close by sometimes with what we want. Once you get established, you just may be the breeder close enough for someone to consider driving to. :old

Kat17

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I haven't had any experience with Jersey Woolies, but you mentioned being interested in other small breeds: Netherland Dwarfs, Mini Rex, and Dutch are a few although Dutch are more medium in size. I suppose I drove an hour and half to two hours to get to an acquisition a couple years ago for a pedigreed NZW doe and NZW Jr Buck. Unfortunately, there isn't anyone close by sometimes with what we want. Once you get established, you just may be the breeder close enough for someone to consider driving to. :old
Yeah, I'm also looking into polish, lionheads, and dwarf hotots. Im more interested in the less common ones though.
Maybe I can connect with some at the shows coming up, we'll see.