Hello from ohio

LlamaGirl4

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hello! I am from ohio and have been on the sister site backyardchickens. I own 5 llamas, 3 donkeys, 2 mules, 68 chickens, and about 27 ducks. On the 15th I’m getting two goats!! :woot
The donkeys will be sharing a pasture with the goats. We have about 30 acres of land. The donkeys and goats have about 8 acres,mules about 4 acres, llamas about 4 acres and the chickens and ducks are kept separate.

Also I have a German Shepherd puppy that is about 6 months old and training to protect my flock and herd. We have about 10-20 barn cats and one indoor cat called Barbie.

Thank you all so much!!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH from NE TX! So glad you joined us. Another member recently joined with llamas. Good to have better llama representation! :clap Please share some pics of your animals if you've a mind... We all love pics! There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. I recommend at least your state as most folks won't be able to figure out where if you put anything more specific (county, town, street, etc) by itself. Old folks like me :old will never remember from this post & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from VA. You have a multi species farm going there :D =D I'm sure it gives you plenty of adventures.

On the 15th I’m getting two goats!! :woot
The donkeys will be sharing a pasture with the goats

Having owned donkeys and goats over the years, I am wondering if you have considered that many donkeys can be aggressive & possessive with new ones in their pasture. Some of mine were fine, some you had to do a gold plated intro, watch a few days and don't ask for them back. :lol: I did have one jennet who will kill anything entering her goat herd, even another goat! She had to be removed to intro others, back in a few days later.

So what kind of wonderful goats are you getting? I love mine -- all 15! LOL No donks any more but the old mini horses are fine with them anytime I put them in their field for some "clean the browse" work.

By the way, we LOVE pictures -- of most anything! :D

Last edited:

LlamaGirl4

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Welcome from VA. You have a multi species farm going there :D =D I'm sure it gives you plenty of adventures.

Having owned donkeys and goats over the years, I am wondering if you have considered that many donkeys can be aggressive & possessive with new ones in their pasture. Some of mine were fine, some you had to do a gold plated intro, watch a few days and don't ask for them back. :lol: I did have one jennet who will kill anything entering her goat herd, even another goat! She had to be removed to intro others, back in a few days later.

So what kind of wonderful goats are you getting? I love mine -- all 15! LOL No donks any more but the old mini horses are fine with them anytime I put them in their field for some "clean the browse" work.

By the way, we LOVE pictures -- of most anything! :D
Our donkeys have all been super nice and raised with other animals so we are hoping they get along but yes we know that donkeys can be aggressive.

The goats are both lamanchas

LlamaGirl4

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
15BFC5D9-7A1C-4475-9067-3515D4064B73.jpeg
904A9A58-EC2F-41B8-84C8-7D55784F5B65.jpeg
C6958A37-8973-4D01-BEE9-27B78CB37025.jpeg
F918F0E7-870E-45CE-9D8C-3288AB1AAE38.jpeg
Here are some pics of my animals

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice puppy! Welcome to BYH! I only have 2 1/2 acres, so cant put that much on my property. Currently the pasture is home to three angus heifers which will be going to sale soon. Mostly, I have about 20 chickens. Would love to get goats ir sheep, but would totally have to redo the fence as currently is hotwire, which probably wont stop a sheep or goat. Glad to see you on :welcome!