Hello from Oz

Ranger15

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Need some help with mosquitoes biting my 2 x 21/2 yo lambs and there mum just wondering what I can do as there annoying them so much ,and any help would be appreciated also what hay is best for young lambs cheers

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wonder if the fly tags they use on cattle would help repel mosquitos? Most folks prefer a mix of alfalfa and orchard grass for sheep in these parts and they seem to do well on it.

Welcome to the forum! :frow

Ranger15

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I wonder if the fly tags they use on cattle would help repel mosquitos? Most folks prefer a mix of alfalfa and orchard grass for sheep in these parts and they seem to do well on it.

Thanks for your reply & info also thanks for the welcoming

Ranger15

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score

Sorry guys I made a mistake on my post there 2 1/2 months old not 2 1/2 years old

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I have put the Python purple cattle tags on my dog's collars to keep the flies off of them. Flies were biting their noses, leaving raw spots. I don't know if it kept mosquitoes off or not. Put a collar on the sheep and hang a purple cattle tag from it and see if it works. I also hung it off the horses halters. Better than fly spray!

Latest posts