Hello from Pure Michigan BYC&SSS member.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Totally agree with @frustratedearthmother ... buy a couple when weaned, feed for several months then put in freezer and not have to deal with them through the winter, or through the summer in the heat. (Can't remember where you are) No bucks, does , breeding, birthing problems, bottle babies or anything...

Dreamz

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
@Finnie what a blessing. A lot of people do not understand the sacrifice and honor we have to be in any of our country's service.

No, I have not meet aart. I believe yes but not sure. The person keeps to her/him self and I respect that. I got scolded for trying gender differentiation, so I have no clue if a she or a he.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Finnie

No, I have not meet aart. I believe yes but not sure. The person keeps to her/him self and I respect that. I got scolded for trying gender differentiation, so I have no clue if a she or a he.
Aart is a female, and her name is Anne. I don’t believe she has ever made an issue of gender differentiation.

As far as the easily offended, it’s a pity that some folks can’t just let things roll off their backs. There is enough trouble in this world that we don’t need to go around looking for things to nit pick over. (But some people do because they have an agenda to proclaim.)

It’s too bad you got scolded. Cyber bullies are one reason I don’t have the time of day for Facebook. I think you will like it here on BYH. There is a lot of camaraderie and people genuinely try to help newcomers who come here because they have a problem.

Dreamz

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
@Finnie she just told the that I cannot assume the everyone was a female, lol so I am ok with that. I am pretty good at brushing things off unless it is about comparing me with other people,lol We Puertoricans are all like that,lol Never call us Mexicans nor any else. I guess we learn so much that we take pride of our roots. I remember my first teaching days after the Army, kids always thought I was Mexican because I speak Spanish. But I soon learned that History is not complete in the US and it is mainly about US. Then, since I love to drive around and learn about my area, the Hispanics were from Mexico. That only led me to conclude that that is what they had known. So I spent a big portion to teach them about where really Spanish comes from and where English really comes from and how it dissipated around the countries we know now. Reminds me of a youngster the said that all South America spoke Spanish,lol Nope, Brazil's native language is Portuguese. It was hilarious. I also worked with a company of interpreters and there are as many dialects in Mexico as it is in China.

You are right and it is sad the everyone has a claiming agenda, it is about their rights, what they want and how they want it. Everyone has a right to think and speak in any form but others are forbidden to have their rights needless to say their opinions. We have allowed this, governments take sides to get more votes,they make laws to satisfy those whom they want their votes from. It shouldn't be that way.
I made that mistake on Facebook and the worse part was that the person who answered me is a lady from my church. So, I only post funny chicken stuff and just stupid stuff in the hope to make someone laugh.
So far, I do like it here. Having a hard time finding what interests me. Something about a daily blog/journal. That will take me years to read everyone's journal until I find my interests.
The SS (S) group,lol has a daily thread and we all share and ask questions. In BYC I found my Michigan chicken crazy people like me. But I will find my way here,lol
Thank you so much. I am blessed by you all.

Dreamz

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
No luck finding people near me. I have seen their places and would not buy from them.I do not want to get sick either.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
How do I find a Michigan thread here? Sorry I ask questions like a 5 year old. I am really 2 ;)
I don’t think BYH is so big like BYC that we have individual state threads. (Or if we do, I have missed them.) But there is a coffee thread. Have you found that?

Dreamz

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Are you guys hungry yet? :drool:flypig:drool
Screenshot_20220628-150151_Chrome.jpg

This is how we make the pork at home. Just 12-16 hrs of turning around lol