Hello from SC

KayL

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Recently married and are now living in South Carolina!

I’m originally from Western Canada and come from a family of cattle farmers and fur trappers. Mostly because of high land prices in the Upstate (where we work), I’m not certain as to whether I’d like to pursue a small commercial livestock operation down here in SC. I am leaning towards building a self-sustainable homestead situation. My husband is on board with whatever makes some financial sense. I would personally like to have something in motion before we start our family.

Currently, we have horses and dogs. We are renting land but are planning on purchasing our own in the near future. My husband and I are both professional farriers, in our early twenties and have LOTS to learn.

I look forward to hearing from everybody here and getting to meet some interesting people! Thank-you for having me. Take care.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, delighted to have you here. I suggest studying the forums, there is lots of information in them. It will help you decide what animals you want on your homestead. I was a member here for several years before we moved and I could get hair sheep. the forums were invaluable to me as I decided whether I wanted sheep or goats and then what breed of sheep.

WildBird

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome to the Big Herd! Have a great day!

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Recently married and are now living in South Carolina!

I’m originally from Western Canada and come from a family of cattle farmers and fur trappers. Mostly because of high land prices in the Upstate (where we work), I’m not certain as to whether I’d like to pursue a small commercial livestock operation down here in SC. I am leaning towards building a self-sustainable homestead situation. My husband is on board with whatever makes some financial sense. I would personally like to have something in motion before we start our family.

Currently, we have horses and dogs. We are renting land but are planning on purchasing our own in the near future. My husband and I are both professional farriers, in our early twenties and have LOTS to learn.

I look forward to hearing from everybody here and getting to meet some interesting people! Thank-you for having me. Take care.
Hello and welcome to the forums. That sounds lovely, I hope everything will be just as you planned them to be... Good luck.