Hello from Scotland!!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Holy crimeny! Look at that size difference! The Shetlands are like 1/2 the size or even smaller! I had no idea the difference was that great.
Maybe that is why Shetland Sheepdogs are small?? Don't need a big dog to herd small sheep.

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
CDEC2CA0-9BDB-4276-8CE7-97A1B50BC89C.jpeg
Hi all, As Latestarter has observed, I have been lurking for rather a long time and I am sorry. I'm not usually silent, but I have been completely overwhelmed and fascinated by the sheepie world many of you (I think) live in in the USA. Katahdin, Dorper, Nigerian Dwarfs and assorted other breeds I don't think I've heard of - and sheep without wool? NO!! Never seen one! ;) Wild predators like coyotes?? Surely not! :eek: Seriously I have learnt so much, thank you.
However, somthing was posted I felt on firmer ground with, so I replied, and here I am, fresh from the East coast of Scotland. I have 4 pet sheep, 2 rescued as lambs from the sheep hill farm my land is in the middle of and 2 little Shetlands who were so friendly their owners wanted them to go to a "pet" atmosphere when they were selling them. I have had sheep for about 5 years now and try to learn all I can about them. I help with the lambing (about 2000 sheep) on the neighbouring farm, where my favourite job is (apart from actual lambing) looking after the ewes in the "maternity ward". I adore my own wooly (yes, definitely wooly, not hairy) family, Blackberry, the boss, Snowdrop (her sidekick) and the 2 wee ones - Millie and Woody.
Looking forward to learning more about other sheep and maybe exchanging information. Thank you so much for having me along.

Hello, am from Kuwait (( meddle east))

We have sheep that differ from you and almost large sizes, some of them are medium. And the quantity of wool dense in it and fat a lot store in the body / same my profile picture

Girlies' Mum

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
View attachment 41466

Hello, am from Kuwait (( meddle east))

We have sheep that differ from you and almost large sizes, some of them are medium. And the quantity of wool dense in it and fat a lot store in the body / same my profile picture

Hello and welcome! Like you I look forward to hearing about other countries' sheep. I love the picture of the very beautiful sheep you posted. What type is it? Don't they get hot in the summer with the wool? Do you have to shear them very frequently? I am going to Oman soon - do they have similar sheep to you?

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! Like you I look forward to hearing about other countries' sheep. I love the picture of the very beautiful sheep you posted. What type is it? Don't they get hot in the summer with the wool? Do you have to shear them very frequently? I am going to Oman soon - do they have similar sheep to you?

Thanks for welcoming , I have sent you a reference on the topics.
Oman maybe they have same sheeps like that I think..