Hello From Southeast Indiana! And BYC of Course!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome :frowglad you joined us! Lots of great people on here- ready to help out with any questions that are asked. We started with chickens, then added rabbits and then added goats.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH. Many if not most here came from BYC. Chickens are the gateway "livestock" after all. You should put your general location in your profile. Old folks like me will never remember the title of this post down the road and it's important if you ask for or offer help/advice. Tell us a little more about yourself. Do you have any animals (in addition to chickens) yet? Browse around the site and you'll get to "meet" many of the great folks here. Make yourself at home!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome! I also started at BYC. Just so you know, we LOVE pictures!

RacehorsesRock

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ok, well..I'm from Indiana, as stated previously, I don't actually have chickens, just was at BYC for a bit of a learning experience as I plan to become a vet. I have three horses, OTTB's. One is pictured in my profile pic, her name is London Sunset or London and she's a mare. My other is Broken Arrow or Archie, pictured below. Last but certainly not least is Fatal Attraction or Romeo, who I adopted off of the track. I've had Romeo for 2 years and adopted/bought the other two yesterday. Due to..circumstances...I adopted London and bought Archie at the same time. I rescued London directly off the track, Archie I just bought from the person who had adopted him off of the track.I do barrel racing with all three. The horses will all stay on my parents farm while I'm in college. I'm a senior in highschool and plan to go to college next year. Feel free to ask questions.

archie_20161016_006.jpg

Archie!

download-2.jpg

London!

images.jpg

Romeo!

All of the images are mine, please do not use them.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Beautiful horses! I have 3, a 30 year old Tennessee Walker mare that I no longer ride, a 28 year old QH gelding that is safe for anyone to ride and an 8 year old kill pen chestnut gelding that is a little sweetheart. My style of riding is Western Shlump. I just shlump around for my own enjoyment. LOL

RacehorsesRock

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Beautiful horses! I have 3, a 30 year old Tennessee Walker mare that I no longer ride, a 28 year old QH gelding that is safe for anyone to ride and an 8 year old kill pen chestnut gelding that is a little sweetheart. My style of riding is Western Shlump. I just shlump around for my own enjoyment. LOL
I had a TW once, amazing trots. Gorgeous horses, and I even taught mine to do the big lick without all of that diesel fuel crap. Just a light tap with a lunge whip to her leg and she would walk that way. My first horse was a QH, sadly he died last year at my parents house, where he had retired to. R.I.P. Oreo. They sound gorgeous though!

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Is that you rounding the barrel? Nice balance. Very nice looking animals. Congrats on choosing to be a vet. Have you already been accepted to vet school?

RacehorsesRock

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Is that you rounding the barrel? Nice balance. Very nice looking animals. Congrats on choosing to be a vet. Have you already been accepted to vet school?
Thanks, and yeah that was me when I was trying London out last week. And sadly, I haven't been accepted yet but I sent out a few more applications yesterday so hopefully that'll work out. And the horses all say "Tank you!" for the compliments!

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I understand getting accepted at Vet school is a very difficult challenge. I sure hope you get it if you have your heart set on it. Seems there are plenty of "city pet" vets about but not near enough "farm/large animal" type vets.