Hello from the Ozarks

ReluctantFarmer

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hello, from the Ozarks (southwest Missouri USA).

I’m taking over a ~20 head angus beef cattle operation from my late father. He managed the herd for over 20 years.

Since I was the typical lazy, good-fer-nuthin teenager, I’m looking to learn fast and need all the help I can get.

I’d be lyin if I said I wasn’t worried about winter.

Tryin to figure this stuff out without having to just sellout or wind up with a bunch of dead animals.

Wish me luck!

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to BYH. Glad you joined. This is a great place to learn about herd animals. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here who are very helpful.
Sorry for you loss. I hope you will be able to manage and keep your herd.
If you have specific questions or certain things you want to know, please feel free to ask. @greybeard , @Wehner Homestead and @farmerjan are some of our very fine cattle folks here. I tagged them so they can see your post as well.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH from NE TX! So glad you joined us. I'm sorry you lost your father but it's nice to hear that you are moving to continue what he started. There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. We have several great cow folks active here as well, and I'm sure you'll get to "meet" them as you read. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

Latest posts