Hello from the PNW.

mendofarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have been a visitor of this site for many years while in a beach condo in SoCal and dreaming of owning a small piece of land with some livestock and gardens. Well, after many vacations to areas we thought we would like to move to and several years of waiting for a job transfer to come though for my DH, we found our spot two years ago. West Puget Sound in WA and it's beautiful here. We have a house on half an acre of high gravel hilltop, a 1 acre west pasture with a log barn made with the timber from the land in the 80's and a steep east slope to a 1 acre pasture/garden. Started 2 gardens, added to the small orchard and just replaced the metal roof to a 20x30 ft. lean-to on the east side of the barn for next year's chickens, several goats and meat rabbits. Got a GSD puppy this year, now 1 year old. Plan to get another after the livestock are in place. Coyote, black bear and bobcats in the area.

I have learned a lot following all your stories and feel like I already know quite of few of you. It will be great to talk with you all and I know I will have a lot of questions and need your advice, probably very shortly. Thank you for letting me join.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Happy that you have finally found your spot to have your farm , and even happier to have you join BYH :welcome:woot:highfive:...we are in Florida with our cat, two dogs, chickens, ducks and goats....beware..it's contagious, you can't just have one critter .

mendofarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Happy that you have finally found your spot to have your farm , and even happier to have you join BYH :welcome:woot:highfive:...we are in Florida with our cat, two dogs, chickens, ducks and goats....beware..it's contagious, you can't just have one critter .
B&B Happy Goats, thank you for the welcome! Actually, 3 feral cats have already adopted us. Planning on a dozen layers, meat chickens, a trio of rabbits for raising meat, 1 Nubian doe and 1 Boar doe for dairy and meat (although I am already thinking of keeping their first doelings, hee, hee). We are empty-nesters in our late 60's so don't want to take on too much too soon as I have learned here.

mendofarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas! Glad to have you here. Feel free to ask questions-all you want. We will be glad to help you any way that we can.
Thank you, Baymule! I already have questions about building out the livestock barn, which I will post in that section soon. But my first question is how do I post my picture and location here? Not too techno-savvy, unfortunately.

mendofarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Welcome from VA. Yep -- we are enablers. Want more, we will cheer you on! (Says the owner of 18 dairy goats!)
Mini Horses, I am counting on it! So far it seems, DH loves building things, planting trees, inventing back-up water systems, etc. The animals will be mine to care for (but I will have to watch that he does not spoil them with too many treats).

Latest posts