Hello from the Texas Hill Country!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you have ewe lambs and ram lambs? If so do you plan to breed them? I wonder if any of the Texas game farms would be interested in adult rams with that horn spread? You would have to keep them until maturity, but the pix of the adult black rams with their horns is striking. Might be a good business opportunity.

Welcome.
I was wondering the same thing! Howdy neighbor! I’m in Trinity county, between Lufkin and Crockett. I raise Katahdin hair sheep. I like their calm attitude, not having to shear or dock tails and their colors.

If these are all rams, the above suggestions might be a good idea. Rams can hurt you. They want to be the dominant player in the flock and see you as something they need to boss around. They achieve this by slamming into each other until the last one standing.

Also, if there are ewes in the bunch, separate them from the rams at 2 months old. Young rams can and do breed at a very early age.

Glad you joined, we’ll be happy to help you any way we can!

Tkoebke

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Do you have ewe lambs and ram lambs? If so do you plan to breed them? I wonder if any of the Texas game farms would be interested in adult rams with that horn spread? You would have to keep them until maturity, but the pix of the adult black rams with their horns is striking. Might be a good business opportunity.

Welcome.
We have 5 ewe lambs and 2 ram lambs. Thought we might give it a go in breeding them as there are plenty of exotic ranches around. Or perhaps just because...

Latest posts