Hello from Utah

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hello everybody
I've been looking around this site for a month now and decided I wanted to get in on this awesome community. I live in the high deserts of Utah on 5 acres with my wife, kids, two horses, two stock dogs, 6 Indian runner ducks, and hopefully further additions as money and time allow. I've been a farrier, horse trainer, riding instructor, cowboy, and studied pre-vet at Utah State University. In my senior year I met a good woman with a great little boy, got married, got pregnant,decided I didn't have the money or time to go on to vet school so accepted a bachelors in Animal Science. Of course the good lord has a great sense of humor because while I mostly studied to work with horses and cattle I wound up getting hired on to manage a commercial sow barn. I found this site as I looked into information on Indian Runner ducks on BYC as I was going to purchase some to train my dogs. Turns out the pup has no interest in ducks but loves to work sheep so I see several of those in the near future. Well that's long winded enough, hello everyone and I look forward to getting to know you.View attachment 38784

Last edited:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from NW Mississippi!!....:frow
We have goats, chickens, ducks, and cats here on 20acres. Our ducks are khaki campbells and rouens....I really like the runners and am thinking of adding a few probably next year. It sounds like ya have a good start going for ya and as ya browse around feel free to post if ya have a question, comment, or advice.....and we all love pics, too.
Again.....:welcome

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
IMG_1058.PNG

Here's Dixie and Kya with our runner drake Chancey (pronounced ChAWNsee) and his ladies Mary Margaret Victoria Elizabeth and Agatha.

@CntryBoy777 how do you like the khaki's? It's my understanding that runner ducks were used in their development

Last edited:

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
another welcome greeting, this time from arklahoma. I live with 2 farm dogs, 2 livestock guardian dogs, about 60 muscovie ducks, lots of chickens, dairy goats, katahdin hair sheep and lest I forget bacon bit, the pig. hope you like it here, cruise around and join in.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome. Lots of good info and better folks here. Browse around and jump in when you feel the desire. Make yourself at home. Oh, and thanks for the pic(s)... we all love pics.