Hello From WA!

rosti

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi all! I've been stalking this forum for a long time, since my friend @BlessedWithGoats told me about it.
My mom and I have been raising Alpines since 2012 in southern WA. (Yes, right where all the wildfires are right now, though none are near enough to be a danger to us-just the thick smoke is bothering.)
I also breed rabbits, ducks, chickens, and starting on breeding working Border Collies. I love training my dogs useful(and useless) tricks!
I guess I'm not real sure what people usually post as introductions since I haven't read any, so I'll just post some pictures. :)
First off is a picture of my older BC, Kate, on her first birthday back in May.

IMG_2988.jpg

My new Border Collie, Jinger. :)
IMG_5012.jpg

My favorite rabbit, Spruce, and her litter from April. I kept two of the does from this litter.

IMG_3168.JPG

Some of our milking does.
IMG_4908.jpg

Me with my favorite goat, Flicka, and one of my favorite dogs, Duke. Sadly I lost both of them this past winter. :(
Us.jpg

A side view of my beautiful girl...
Screen Shot 2016-09-29 at 8.50.55 PM.png

I was able to retained two doelings and a buckling from Flicka, and have a very close genetic sister as well, for which I am extremely grateful. This is Minx.
IMG_3882.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad to have you here! It always hurts to lose one of our friends, much less two. It makes it a little better that you have Flicka's kids and a sister. We have someone who keeps an Australian Shepherd and I think a Border Collie for working sheep. @Mike CHS

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH. Your puppy is a doll.

I live in No. CA and raise Alpines and LaManchas. What I would give for a border collie that knows their job. I have two that live in the house that I used to do agility with but they would be clueless about herding. I don't think my LGDs would be too keen on the dogs in their field chasing their goats but there sure are times that I could use a herding dog.

Calendula

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I was looking into getting a working Border Collie! Or just some kind of herding dog to help out... I keep going in circles, but might finally stick with a Border Collie. :lol: Just need to find some breeders...

I love you goats! Especially Minx. Love her coloring.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from the Hoosier State :frow
I have meat rabbits, and that's abt it. I do have a little field that's probably an acre or just under that I use for hay. Since it is church property, I can't fence in or raise additional animals as I might like, but we get the meat we want from the rabbits. I know you said yesterday or some time, you had been lurking for a while, so thanks for the introduction. Join in as you like. It's a nice community.

HomeOnTheRange

Golden Herd Lurker
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH @rosti. Those must be some huge fires up there as we are getting the smoke all the way down here in NM. It is really hazy but the sun sets and moon rises are amazing, all a deep orange.

Latest posts