Hello, I am Angel from East Texas

Angel's babies

Just born
Reaction score
I have a pair of baby Nubian (male and female). They get bottle cow milk 3 times a day. They also getting electrolytes at least twice a day, because is super hot. They also have access to one acre of pasture and fresh hay. Today, they both started peeing blood. I had checked all information pertaining UC, however, they have no problem passing urine. They both received 2cc of DC&T last week. I had raised many goats and sheep, and never encountered this symptom. They do like to spend a lot of time under the sun. I was thinking that they might be dehydrated. What can I do? Please, help. They are like my babies.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMO this warrants a vet visit.
Urine should be tested.
The electrolytes 2x a day may be posing a problem depending on what is specifically in them.
Possible there may be some toxicity.

Welcome to BYH. I hope you find out what is going on and please come back and tell us.

Angel's babies

Just born
Reaction score
I had stopped electrolytes. Will be monitoring the babies for an update. Thanks.

Angel's babies

Just born
Reaction score
I totally agree with @Southern by choice.

What kind of electrolytes are you giving them, are they ment for livestock?

Get them into the vet as soon as possible.

I checked the babies. They are doing fine. Their pee is normal clear. No strain while peeing. I believe that was the homemade electrolytes made with corn syrup, baking soda, and salt. It was also probably the intense exposure to the sun. I had stopped electrolytes and will keep them off the heat. Thank you so much for your replies.

Angel's babies

Just born
Reaction score
Urine should be tested.
The electrolytes 2x a day may be posing a problem depending on what is specifically in them.

Welcome to BYH. I hope you find out what is going on and please come back and tell us.

I checked the babies. They are doing fine. Their pee is normal clear. No strain while peeing. I believe that was the homemade electrolytes made with corn syrup, baking soda, and salt. It was also probably the intense exposure to the sun. I had stopped electrolytes and will keep them off the heat. Thank you so much for your replies.

Angel's babies

Just born
Reaction score
Urine should be tested.

Angel's babies

Just born
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Where in east Texas are you? We are just north of Tyler. Sorry I can't be of any help, but I can call the ones who can help.

@babsbag
@Southern by choice
@frustratedearthmother
@misfitmorgan
@Goat Whisperer