Hello I'm the crazy old man from way down south in Georgia !

lilwildrabbit

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello everyone in a reject from BYC I have birds, bees, cats and dogs lol as it says I'm so fare south in Georgia I can spit in Florida from here lol forced retired trucker with a bunch of animals. Lost my wife of 23 years in 14 had to retire in 15 now it's playing around in the yard for me!

lcertuche

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well hi. I been down there in that area traveling through a couple of times. Sorry to hear about your Missus. I got a few yardbirds myself along with a bunch of 2-legged kids aka my children and grands. I started with BYC but haven't spend much time over there lately. I hope y'all (BYC) decide to spend more time here now that y'all found it. SufficientSelf.com and TheEasyGarden.com are both fun too and pretty dang lively.

lilwildrabbit

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for that info I'll check it out yea I started in BYC first part of this year lost my flock to dogs and the support from BYC is excellent with all kinds of help and guidance for an old man like me I'm now back up to about 70 birds thanks to BYCs people that helped me through my first hatch and my mess ups if this is a sister site then it will be a great place to stay in touch with

lcertuche

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm glad they've been nice to you but I had a couple of bad experiences. I've been accused of being a bad chicken mama because I let my birds free range, for not feeding them a formulated feed and for my son's dogs getting out and killing some of my chickens. I think the sister sites are a little more laid back plus they are more the 'Thinking outside the box types'. Don't get me wrong BYC is the first place I go when I have any questions. I wish I had more but I only have 5 pullets (just started laying, 2 roosters and 5 month old chicks. I'm always looking for more chickens. I hope to get some meat rabbits soon. Enjoy!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from NW Mississippi!!... :frow
....and another retired "Gear Jammer". Spent 6yrs in Fl, but when I retired I moved back home here...that was in '06. We have goats, chickens, ducks, and cats here on our 20acres. Hope ya hang around and ya keep it between the lines.
Again.....:welcome

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH from NE Texas. Please brows around and make yourself at home. We have a great group of folks here and all very helpful when you need it. Most came from and many are still on BYC. It's a lot "quieter" over here as the norm. Been a little hectic lately with the BYC crowd over here while their site is being rehabbed. No problem though. The more the merrier.

DwayneNLiz

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome over Rabbit! sorry to hear about your wife and forced retirement :hugs glad you came over and are raising animals

Watch out for herd math!

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for that info I'll check it out yea I started in BYC first part of this year lost my flock to dogs and the support from BYC is excellent with all kinds of help and guidance for an old man like me I'm now back up to about 70 birds thanks to BYCs people that helped me through my first hatch and my mess ups if this is a sister site then it will be a great place to stay in touch with

Welcome to our 'home away from home'. Glad that your BYC experience has been a good one. Folks over here have been generally welcoming even though somewhat overwhelmed. :)

lilwildrabbit

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
As popular as BYC is I bet they are!! But I do believe with my bees not a herd but you do have a section here !! So I'll be back and forth from now on!