Hello, thanks to everyone for the great help you've been already!

mississippi_mud

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
We were having a head butting issue with our newly acquired Jersey after about 2 weeks of ownership. It started all of a sudden and was a real problem. It only took one good wallop with my forearm on the side of her head and she's stopped. Yeah!! Kids carry a whompin stick now:)
jersey-cow-headbutting-me-and-my-family
20200524_184229.jpg

mississippi_mud

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Haha! Show her who’s the boss! Pretty girl, how old is she?
Hi Baymule! She's 6 yrs old, her name is Almond, and she's carrying a calf right now and is due in September.
She's a lovely animal, we are new to cows and she couldn't be a better first animal. We have 6 kids and are getting just over 3 gal per day of the most beautiful and sweet milk I've ever tasted.
We also got a heifer named Dalyia with her..🐮
Terry

Attachments

• 20200524_165839 (2).jpg
    20200524_165839 (2).jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 56

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
She sounds lovely. Fresh milk! Butter and cream, have you tried making cheese? There is so much you can do with fresh milk. If you raise feeder pigs for the freezer, you can finish them out on milk soured corn for some primo pork!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from western central Florida.....:frow
We moved here from NW Mississippi.....a small town named Senatobia.....the roots of my family come from around Kosciusko.
Love the pics and the cow with the chicks is precious...:love...are ya adding other animals to your place besides bovine?....what breed of chicks do ya have?
There are many here that will help ya with most any animal and a ton of "enablers" too.....:)
Again......:welcome