Hello there(L.A)

LadyIsabelle2011

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a very small time goat owner, just two small pygmy goats(possibly a little nigerian in there to). I love animals of all shapes and sizes and have my own little managerie that includes, dogs, cats, a rabbit, a snake, about 30 bobwhite quail, 6 ducks, and about a million guppies. I am very much a country girl at heart and am very lucky to have my own little patch of county that is just 2 seconds from wal-mart and tractor supply :p .

My goats are Isabelle and Cameillia. Isabelle, my first pygmy doe(about 6 or 7 months old), is black with a white fault spot on the back of her neck, she thinks she is a bottle baby and follows me around like a puppy dog, she also thinks she is the queen goat of all goat-dom. She hogs all the food, all the space, and all the attention, she is lady Isabelle she believes herself to be royalty :rolleyes: .Cameillia(about 4 months old) is a quiet, discrete little goat who is very shy about being touched or handled and is slowly learning how to stand her own against the domineering Isabelle. She is very much the baby of the family.

I love both these goats Immensely and offer them the best care I know how to provide. It confuses me why goats get such a bad rap, they make awesome companion's and in my opinion are even better than dogs in some ways(just don't tell my dogs I said that :p ) In the future I plan to breed them and use them as dairy goats but even if this doesn't pan out I will still love them ;)

There is not much else to say, except that I look forward to the help and guidance of this forum in my future with owning my own pair of dairy goats :lol:

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
sSig_hi.gif

sSig_welcome4.gif

Pygmies are my passion!! The "dog" of the goat world, super loving and great companions. While not a dairy breed (technically a meat breed) - Don't let anyone tell you that you can't milk a pygmy because you can. You'll just get less milk and a shorter lactation.

LadyIsabelle2011

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thankz for the welcome :D

As far as goats go Pygmies are also my passion :lol:
I don't mind getting less milk because I have a very small family(only 4 people if you include me) and I am not even sure if any one besides me and my mom are going to be drinking it...so two pygmies seemed perfect...not too much, not to little and that is what a pygmy is :p