Hello There, My Name is Kaitlyn!

The Angry Hen

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

I just joined this website... (Finding it through Backyard Chickens). :D =D
It is a nice website, and I can't wait to meet new people... And find my friends from BYC!
I have chickens, no herd animals yet. Maybe in the near future I will!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a good day!

Last edited:

The Angry Hen

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hello Kaitlyn, welcome to BYH!
I'm pretty new here myself, joined maybe a few weeks ago. Everyone has been very helpful here!

I have 2 hens and 2 cows, for now. And a dog.
Nice to "meet" you @The Angry Hen !

Hello @RollingAcres,

Nice to meet you too! :D =D
Thank you so much for the friendly welcome!

In that case, welcome to BYH yourself!
Sounds like you have a lovely collection of animals.

I have a lot of fish, two dogs and 23 chickens!
Living the farm life is quite fun!

~Kaitlyn

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH. Many of us originated from BYC. Please browse around and "meet" some of the folks here and make yourself at home. Where in Maine are you located? I was stationed at NAS Brunswick for two tours and love it up there, both by the coast and inland. Miss my fresh seafood, especially lobster and steamed/fried clams (NOT the strips... the REAL fried clams!).

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
:frow Hello, from beautiful, HOT East Texas! So nice to have you join us from BYC. It's been a while, but I do believe I joined BYC first, and then migrated over to BYH. :lol:

I currently have chickens, Pekin ducks, Muscovy ducks, a turkey hen, who is sitting on 10 duck eggs and my newest addition, a young breeding pair of geese. We started with four Nigerian Dwarf, wether goats and last February, added two LaMancha dairy goats. I have learned oodles from all the wonderful Goat owners, here on BYH. In fact I actually got my goats from two different BYH members.

If you are interested in increasing your animals, here are lots of options . . . goats, cattle/cows, pigs, alpacas, rabbits, to name a few. You have come to the right place, to learn about farm animals. So, browse around and meet all our wonderful, friendly, helpful members.

The Angry Hen

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH. Many of us originated from BYC. Please browse around and "meet" some of the folks here and make yourself at home. Where in Maine are you located? I was stationed at NAS Brunswick for two tours and love it up there, both by the coast and inland. Miss my fresh seafood, especially lobster and steamed/fried clams (NOT the strips... the REAL fried clams!).
Hello,

Thank you for the warm welcome!!
Yes, I see a lot of nice folks here including you!

I prefer not say my town, but I am in Sagadahoc.

That is really neat! Yes, Maine is such a beautiful place.
And the fresh seafood is great! :)
Welcome to BYH! You KNOW chickens are the "gateway" farm animal! Just want a few chickens......well, MORE chickens wouldn't hurt.....Look! A cute baby goat for sale!!! And so it begins......
Yes, that is so true! It is like a train, ya add on, and add on and so on! It never ends! Ha ha!
:frow Hello, from beautiful, HOT East Texas! So nice to have you join us from BYC. It's been a while, but I do believe I joined BYC first, and then migrated over to BYH. :lol:

I currently have chickens, Pekin ducks, Muscovy ducks, a turkey hen, who is sitting on 10 duck eggs and my newest addition, a young breeding pair of geese. We started with four Nigerian Dwarf, wether goats and last February, added two LaMancha dairy goats. I have learned oodles from all the wonderful Goat owners, here on BYH. In fact I actually got my goats from two different BYH members.

If you are interested in increasing your animals, here are lots of options . . . goats, cattle/cows, pigs, alpacas, rabbits, to name a few. You have come to the right place, to learn about farm animals. So, browse around and meet all our wonderful, friendly, helpful members.
Hello,

Thank you as well for such a warm welcome!
Ha ha! Yes, BYC is a good start!

That is a really nice collection of pets you have!
I find it amazing your turkey is on duck eggs! Wow!

I wish you the best of luck with them hatching! ;)

And I am hoping to get some livestock in the future!

Have a wonderful evening, thank you again for wonderful replies everyone!

Last edited:

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
:welcome from the Hoosier state! You can generally find just abt any category on here you're looking for and someone from your area of the country to share interests. It's also nice to see what others are doing from other corners of the country.

The Angry Hen

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:welcome from the Hoosier state! You can generally find just abt any category on here you're looking for and someone from your area of the country to share interests. It's also nice to see what others are doing from other corners of the country.
Hello!,
Thank you so much for the nice welcome! :)
Yes, I can not wait! It is fun to meet new folks!

Last edited: