Hello y'all!

Amelie the Bee Keeper

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hey y'all! I wanted to interduce myself as I forgot to do it earlier. I'm Amelie and I am a future beekeeper (starting in the spring of 2019). I also ride horses and I do English and looking to compete in Show Jumping. I also work with Minis and Donkeys that were saved from slaughter.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
hi Amelie, welcome to backyard herds. there are several bee keepers on the forum so you should find lots of info as you go along.

WILLIFORD

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hey y'all! I wanted to interduce myself as I forgot to do it earlier. I'm Amelie and I am a future beekeeper (starting in the spring of 2019). I also ride horses and I do English and looking to compete in Show Jumping. I also work with Minis and Donkeys that were saved from slaughter.
Welcome Amelie. I am an amateur, backyard beekeeper myself. I started with one hive 2 years ago, I now have 5 hives. If your like me the first year is going to be a learning curve, I am still learning every time I open a hive, but it is much more manageable. You will enjoy the bees. I wish they had a forum like this for bees as well, but I have yet to find one. Hint: if anybody knows of one please let me know.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome Amelie, glad to have you here. I admire beekeepers, never been one, but I sure do seek out REAL honey from people who keep bees.

@WILLIFORD I don't mean to sound silly, but there is a bee forum on this very site. There is also a bee forum on www.Sufficientself.com which is a sister site to this one.

WILLIFORD

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Welcome Amelie, glad to have you here. I admire beekeepers, never been one, but I sure do seek out REAL honey from people who keep bees.

@WILLIFORD I don't mean to sound silly, but there is a bee forum on this very site. There is also a bee forum on www.Sufficientself.com which is a sister site to this one.
You don't sound silly at all. I feel silly not knowing there was a forum right here and I have missed it all this time. Thank you. You should try beekeeping. they require very little effort and are a lot more affordable than my chickens or goats. And you can't help but make a few bucks off of them

Latest posts