Hello!

Babydoll Mom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello! I am so happy to have found this site. We just got sheep and goats this fall. Our first lamb was born yesterday. I'm the classic nervous mom. Hoping to find answers here!!!

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Ohio! What kind of sheep and goats do you have, and are they together or separate? What part of the country are you in?

Babydoll Mom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm in Copley, Ohio (just west of Akron). Where in Ohio are you? We have 3 babydoll ewes, a babydoll Ram, and our first lamb was born yesterday!!! We also have 1 fainting goat that is just a pet. They all live together and are great friends.

Attachments

• IMG_2308.JPG
    IMG_2308.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 63

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH from NE Texas! So glad you found us :D Please consider putting at least your general location in your profile. It becomes important if you ask for or offer help as what works in your area may not be best down here in TX (for example)... You know, climate, hot/cold/wet/dry/altitude/crazy spouses... that sort of thing ;) Congrats on your new lamb! I believe @secuono raises Babydoll sheep. How could you almost forget your bees? I think next time you're with them you deserve a sting or two :lol: So browse around and make yourself at home. We have great Sheeple, Goat Folks and Beeks here, whom you'll get to "meet" while reading.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, I raise Babydoll Southdowns. But its too early in the morning to be tagging me. '(z_z)'
We need more variations in the smilies...
:caf This one is still too active, lol.

:welcome Babydoll_Mom. Enjoy the forum!

Babydoll Mom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Well I did get stung yesterday opening the hive! Lol!!!:confused:

This forum is very similar to BYC. Run by same folks?! Anyway I'm thrilled to have found it. I'm stumbling my way through sheep right now. Very nervous with this new baby!!!':ep

Babydoll Mom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH from NE Texas! So glad you found us :D Please consider putting at least your general location in your profile. It becomes important if you ask for or offer help as what works in your area may not be best down here in TX (for example)... You know, climate, hot/cold/wet/dry/altitude/crazy spouses... that sort of thing ;) Congrats on your new lamb! I believe @secuono raises Babydoll sheep. How could you almost forget your bees? I think next time you're with them you deserve a sting or two :lol: So browse around and make yourself at home. We have great Sheeple, Goat Folks and Beeks here, whom you'll get to "meet" while reading.
So looking at my profile where do I update my location? I'm not seeing it yet. Still trying to learn the site.

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm in Copley, Ohio (just west of Akron). Where in Ohio are you? We have 3 babydoll ewes, a babydoll Ram, and our first lamb was born yesterday!!! We also have 1 fainting goat that is just a pet. They all live together and are great friends.
I'm not that far from you! Are you going to the Great Lakes Fiber Festival in Wooster, the last weekend in May?

Glad your goat gets along with the sheep. Goats need more copper than sheep should have, that's one of the main differences. You can use a loose mineral made for sheep, and just give the goat extra copper (a pill) once or twice a year - you'd have to check with goat people on how often.