Hello!

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
:welcome from Indiana!
So much of the time with rabbits is trial and error. I also go with a three strike you're out rule. If the does had stress from recently moving in with you, that can affect the pregnancy. So many variables along with a high infant mortality rate in rabbits.

DaniMomma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome :frowglad you joined us! Sorry to hear that you lost kits from both does. We have Californian and French Angora rabbits- we give them summers off here.

Yes, I think we will be giving summers off from now on. This is definitely a learning process. Although the two we have left are growing quickly and are beautiful, fat, squirmy things!
20170915_100225.jpg
20170915_100431.jpg
❤❤❤

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
In the winter, sometimes a doe will drag a kit out of the nest box, onto the wire. You come along and find an ice cube. Tuck the kit in your bra, after a bit, turn the kit over and warm the other side. I saved a lot of kits like that.

DaniMomma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
In the winter, sometimes a doe will drag a kit out of the nest box, onto the wire. You come along and find an ice cube. Tuck the kit in your bra, after a bit, turn the kit over and warm the other side. I saved a lot of kits like that.

Even if I don't have much in that bra? Haha

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
:welcome from Indiana. Am up early and off to a rabbit show today. We have Velveteen lops, Polish and Mini rex. Glad you've 2 atleast have the 2.... hopefully next time is better.