Hello

Zena

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am a new small holder in mid wales with a small flock of sheep and have had lambs which were not ment to have happened!! RANDY RAM got in my field while I was away. I have lost one ewe during labour and have had 2 sets of twins. One twin got taken by a fox during the night and we are handrearing the other as we found her in a puddle neck deep and the crows were about. All this is so new to me but I am rising to the challenge.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH from Tennessee! :frow:welcome
Sounds like you're going through a rough spell. There are tons of people on here who can give you all the help and advice you need for your sheep. What kind of sheep are you raising?

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, sorry to hear that you have had a 'Baptism of Fire'. I always have a few ewes that end up having lambs who have ostensibly been miles from a tup.

So sorry to hear that you lost a ewe in labour....that is so sad.

Keep your ewes with lambs where you can see them all the time. Feed them very well....supplementary feed will be needed, and post on the forum if there's any issues. Somebody is bound to be able to help.

What breed of ewes have you got? Any pics.?

Zena

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH from Tennessee! :frow:welcome
Sounds like you're going through a rough spell. There are tons of people on here who can give you all the help and advice you need for your sheep. What kind of sheep are you raising?

Hi
Thank you,
I have Beulah Speckled Face sheep.

Attachments

• received_1359718657517510.jpeg
    received_1359718657517510.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 241

Zena

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh, sorry to hear that you have had a 'Baptism of Fire'. I always have a few ewes that end up having lambs who have ostensibly been miles from a tup.

So sorry to hear that you lost a ewe in labour....that is so sad.

Keep your ewes with lambs where you can see them all the time. Feed them very well....supplementary feed will be needed, and post on the forum if there's any issues. Somebody is bound to be able to help.

What breed of ewes have you got? Any pics.?

Hi,
Thank you for your time in replying.
They weren't ment to get pregnant as they are 4 years old so to old to have their first lambs. It looks like the one we lost was having more than 2 as she was huge.
But having the lambs we have are a blessing and they are all ewe lambs to.

We have mum with the set of twins born yesterday safe in a pen and the other lamb inside with us... She is starting to think she's a dog!!

Attachments

• received_1427826247393276.jpeg
    received_1427826247393276.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 247
  • received_1359718657517510.jpeg
    received_1359718657517510.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 247

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have Beulah Speckled Face sheep
:ep Crikey.....you're probably the only other member of this forum who has Specklies. Most of my sheep are Specklies.

Your lambs are certainly crosses. What rams 'live locally'. My avatar if Beulah X Blue faced Leicester and has a similar look.

Well, congrats. on the babies you have. Don't worry about the ewes being 4.....they should be just fine. Their instincts kick in and they make good mums. Beulahs tend to be good mothers.

Zena

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:ep Crikey.....you're probably the only other member of this forum who has Specklies. Most of my sheep are Specklies.

Your lambs are certainly crosses. What rams 'live locally'. My avatar if Beulah X Blue faced Leicester and has a similar look.

Well, congrats. on the babies you have. Don't worry about the ewes being 4.....they should be just fine. Their instincts kick in and they make good mums. Beulahs tend to be good mothers.

Hi,

The Rams that live locally are Welsh Mountain no others around, Im the only one that has specklies around here.

Seren's mum was useless but she's doing okay now but the other mum is fantastic.

But they are very sweet and am looking forward to seeing what they are like when they get older.

Your avatar picture is gorgeous waht a sweetie.