Hello

cahooncustomcutting@gmail

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello my wife Kelsey and I just bought our first house on a 3 acre piece of land we are going to be raising meat rabbits and some sort of poultry. And maybe in a few years a couple dwarf goats for milk. But a little more on myself I grew up on a cattle farm in central Alberta where we raised Murray Grey, Black Angus, and Herefords. I am a trained butcher/meat cutter.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
A big howdy and welcome from the Great Lone Star State where the stars at night are big and bright. Glad you found us, and tickled pink you are posting.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures on your wee farm.

You ought to know that we like pictures, love pictures, even adore pictures... of just about anything so feel free to show off your place, your animals when you get them and we'd be more than happy to suggest poultry to you. For example we have Buff Orps for chickens, Embden geese for noise and Moscovy ducks because they are cute as heck and great mothers.

Now if you want me to get wound up on goats just let me know! :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas. Poultry is a great farm animal to raise for meat and eggs. Rabbits also make great small livestock. I think you will be off to a good start. Congrats on the first home purchase and the 3 acres! Don't forget to have a garden!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi there! A butcher? Wow, that will come in very handy, certain times of year on a farm!! You should get yourself a feeder pig or two, since you can do th3 butchering!! They aren’t much work at all, and ours is super friendly! Anyways...everyone on here is soo helpful and friendly! Most of us have our own journal where we talk about our farms, family, etc...and can show many great pictures too! That really helps us all to ge5 to know each other on a much mor3 personal level. We’re like a big family!! We are in NW PA, we’ve got goats, so when your ready, I’d love to tell you wonderful info that might be helpful. I was not as prepared as I should’ve been..but I learned fast!! :lol: :love Welcome to BYH

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hello my wife Kelsey and I just bought our first house on a 3 acre piece of land we are going to be raising meat rabbits and some sort of poultry. And maybe in a few years a couple dwarf goats for milk. But a little more on myself I grew up on a cattle farm in central Alberta where we raised Murray Grey, Black Angus, and Herefords. I am a trained butcher/meat cutter.
Hello and welcome to the forums! Hey!! Nice to meet you. I hope you're ready for this coming season, Im very hopeful for a rich harvest!

WildBird

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH from Idaho! I hope you enjoy your time here!