Hello!

Livia

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello BYH! I'm here straight from BYC because I'm planning on becoming a goat owner soon!

I already have an average flock of chickens with wyandottes, barred rocks, rhode island reds, easter eggers, silkies, and a few mixed breeds. I also have a breeding pair of royal palm turkeys. I'm planning on expanding my flock this spring with my little siblings doing the 4-h poultry project and breeding my turkeys.

Now that I'm here I'm excited to learn as much as I can about goats and other livestock from you all!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! You are in the right place for learning about goats! Lots of friendly goat people here. We have Katahdin sheep, horses, LGD's, chickens and ATM a steer for the freezer.

You have Royal Palms? They are so pretty! I have a turkey thread going on Sufficient Self, could you please join there too and add your knowledge to the conversation? I would love to learn more about Royal Palms! I have decided to raise Broad Breasted Whites for my first turkey raising experiment because I won't have a lot of time and due to having plans for knee replacement surgery next fall, I don't want to overwinter turkeys. Gotta make as easy as possible for my husband to cut my slack while I'm down, ya know. LOL LOL I strongly admire Royal Palms and would love to learn more about them. Please!

Madhouse Pullet

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Picture_20201122_135616424.jpg

Livia

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! You are in the right place for learning about goats! Lots of friendly goat people here. We have Katahdin sheep, horses, LGD's, chickens and ATM a steer for the freezer.

You have Royal Palms? They are so pretty! I have a turkey thread going on Sufficient Self, could you please join there too and add your knowledge to the conversation? I would love to learn more about Royal Palms! I have decided to raise Broad Breasted Whites for my first turkey raising experiment because I won't have a lot of time and due to having plans for knee replacement surgery next fall, I don't want to overwinter turkeys. Gotta make as easy as possible for my husband to cut my slack while I'm down, ya know. LOL LOL I strongly admire Royal Palms and would love to learn more about them. Please!
Of course, I'd love to join! Disclaimer, I don't have much knowelege on the breed itself, I mostly am just enjoying their presence and keeping them healthy until the busy springtime comes, I'd love to learn more about turkeys though!!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Va. :welcome:jumpy:frow:frow:frow. I have been pretty busy with buying a house so often get behind on the welcome thing. My ds and I have beef cattle, I work with dairy farmers as a milk tester.... have chickens and he has some sheep. Have raised turkeys, hogs and other stuff over the years.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Of course, I'd love to join! Disclaimer, I don't have much knowelege on the breed itself, I mostly am just enjoying their presence and keeping them healthy until the busy springtime comes, I'd love to learn more about turkeys though!!

The fact that you have Royal Palms and are keeping them alive and well puts you way out in front of me!