Hello!

Hollambyfarm

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hey there! My name is Brittny and I am a SAHM of two boys, four dogs, two cats, five or six fish and just recently 3 Nigerian Dwarf bucks!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey there! My name is Brittny and I am a SAHM of two boys, four dogs, two cats, five or six fish and just recently 3 Nigerian Dwarf bucks!
Howdy and welcome!

I don't know Colorado that well... are you high or low, and super dry, or not so bad?

Are the goats pets or food?

I raised/am raising 5 boys.... they grow up fast!

Hollambyfarm

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi! So we are out in Eastern, Colorado which and we are higher up in altitude. 6000ish. It can be pretty dry out here but when we do get rain, it RAINS but doesn’t happen too often lol.

We got the bucks because we wanted to show our boys a little bit of work and give them some responsibilities. Even though they are both pretty young and just watch for now haha I think it’ll be good for them to grow up around animals and learn a little about life that way. We plan on selling them once they are mature and ready to mate!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi! So we are out in Eastern, Colorado which and we are higher up in altitude. 6000ish. It can be pretty dry out here but when we do get rain, it RAINS but doesn’t happen too often lol.

We got the bucks because we wanted to show our boys a little bit of work and give them some responsibilities. Even though they are both pretty young and just watch for now haha I think it’ll be good for them to grow up around animals and learn a little about life that way. We plan on selling them once they are mature and ready to mate!

Sounds like a good plan there!

I can't imagine living at 6k feet! :th I am at 1,300 and that is PLENTY high thank you! I get a month less growing season than the people on the "flat".

I think animal chores are HUGELY helpful in raising good kids!

Also... tired boys are more obedient and learn better! :lol:

All 5 of our boys were/are homeschooled... but 3 have graduated high-school... 2 left to school.