Hello

Shii

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi everyone
Thankyou for allowing me to join this fabulous group. I have 4 rescued sheep that are ridiculously spoilt, 2 x merino (1 white, 1 chocolate) both 4 yrs old and 2 Suffolk both chocolate both 2 yrs old and all are whethers. We are all Tassie based. I am slight difficulties at the moment with both my Suffolk and my chocolate merino. They are bullying the daylights out of the poor thing and they aren’t being shuttle they are absolutely brutal to him. One goes for the head ram and the other his ribs/tummy. I have separated merino and Suffolk in their shed of a night for their sleeping and feedIng (yes I did mention spoilt, put to bed every night) as they were also stopping him from eating. This only began a couple of weeks ago but seems to be getting worse. As soon as they are let out of their shed of a morning the Suffolk stalk the merino and go at him poor thing has no peace at the moment. Please Help me to sort this bullying out I worry they are actually going to really injure him. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 8A9366B5-F0A7-42B8-B822-48D93A6A99AD.jpeg
    8A9366B5-F0A7-42B8-B822-48D93A6A99AD.jpeg
    629.8 KB · Views: 52

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't tolerate mean animals or bullies. You may have to separate the two breeds. Short term, separate them. How long have they been wethers? And are you sure there isn't a retained testicle.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'd keep them separated full time. Like @Baymule I do not tolerate those that are mean. That equates in my mind to dangerous - which will either end in vet bills or personal injury or liability.