Helmstead Minis is MOVING!

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
It's official, our farm is moving to SW Indiana in...

February!

Look out Hoosiers, here we come, just like the Clampetts!

:hide My packing boxes arrived FedEx yesterday, which means I have to start packing...

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
:hit

I am SO sad to be leaving so many friends here in GA...I've lived here over 20 years! (LOL and I'm not quite 30 yet!) Especially my friends in the goat community - GA has a great group of goat people and they've meant the world to me!

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Okay, Kate, just how far are you going to be from N. Alabama? I hate the thought of moving, and to move not only my furniture and stuff, but a whole barn full of goats should be quite an experience. I do hope you can get a photo journal of all this.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
I already looked at the map awhile ago, Sandie, it's only about 5 hrs, maybe 5.5...from you. So while I'm moving 8 hrs from here, I'm still only adding about an hour drive to you and Robin LOL.

YES! This is why I bought a new camera that also takes video! It's going to be insane to say the least. I'm glad we somewhat had a dry run of it over Thanksgiving when we hauled 6 goats there. I'm still trying to figure out how we're going to haul 4 bucks, three of which HATE the other's very sights. I'm thinking 4 crates, each at different corners of the trailer.

JerseyXGirl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Wahoo, that means you'll be closer to me and I have an aunt and uncle who live in Tell City, IN!! I also have one in Owensboro.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Owensboro is close, we drive through there to get home via William Natcher and 231...always stop there for food LOL but never at the Long John Silver's (DH got food poisoning there once).