HELP !!!!!! ASAP

MrsDieselEngineer

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
You should be able to get charcoal at any supermarket that sells vitamins or Rite-Aid, Wal-mart.... maybe you should tie up the dog where it can not come in contact with your other dogs?

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My other odgs are all inside but they got out to potty so if its parvo than its too late cayse he lives in the while yard

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My friends dog is the one that got sick and died mine was the one that was vomiting , he is fine now and no blood and no more puke . I guess he ate something he shouldnt have and he was a stray and is the only one I keep outside . ALL my dogs are vaccinated , all their shots ! Im just worried that maybe they can still get it is all .

I will keep my others put up ,

dbunni

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Didn't read the whole post, so appologize for any repeats or typos. ... very tired it is fair week!

First ... unless you know what the dog ingested (even if it is puking) ... never ... never ... induce vomiting. You can cause more damage doing a blind force.

Second ... have lost show dogs that were fully vacc for parvo to parvo. Each breed has its own immune problems. There is a 1-3% general populus that does not build up an immunity. So ... it is always possible. We had an awsome show dog that went hot and was dead within 12 hours. When we did a nec. he was mush ... mush on the inside. No warning. Just stopped eating and by pm was gone. Was picked up at a show ... was over 10 months old and fully vac.

If you suspect poision ... always head to vet. Common things can kill a dog... antifreeze ... mouse bait ... etc. Dogs are naturally curious beings and accidents do happen. It is just a part of life with animals and kids ...

Best of luck with the pup. I would put him on a "soft diet" for the belly for a day or two.
But, as always, JMO ... not looking for an argument ...
Surgical vet tech & professional handler ...

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
I am VERY glad to hear that your other dogs are vaccinated, lol. It's rare for a vaccinated dog to get parvo, it can still happen but it's not as bad on the vaccinated dogs usually.

Yay! I'm glad that she is feeling better!
Thank you and yes I got one thats 9 years old a 10 month old pitbull and a shihtzu . The chi got his shots when he almost died from being a diabetic(spelling ?) the shihtzu came from the shelter where shots and spay are required and then my pitbull got her shots at 7 weeks old then got them updated when she got spayed last month ! :)

Yeah the dog is fine now , its awful that her puppy died though . I know that younger and older dogs usually get it but just wanted to make sure , thanks everyone !

Latest posts