Help! I’m Desperate! - MASTITIS 3 Goats & 1 Human!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
You fine we all start some where. I did and I watch video and read lots of books and it took practice to get it right. How are you feeling? I also breast feeding and only have got clogged ducts no mastitis thank God for that. My dd2 is only 5 months almost six.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mastoblast. Washington Homeopathic Products, Inc You give 2ml to them AM & PM for ten days, orally Caprine Supply and Jeffers, Valley Vet, do/did carry. They have vaccines, also.

Yes, the bacteria can spread between goats. Yes, change bedding, use wipes before and after milking each side, each goat. Clean towel each time. Wipe the tube on the Henry Milker with clean, wet napkin between teats & animals -- since you have issues. I'd wipe our at least douse in bleach water when you are cleaning the gear. I have those milkers, also.

Warm compresses will often help soften, relax and encourage letdown response. Hope it isn't staph.

WildersMilkMaid

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You fine we all start some where. I did and I watch video and read lots of books and it took practice to get it right. How are you feeling? I also breast feeding and only have got clogged ducts no mastitis thank God for that. My dd2 is only 5 months almost six.
I’m feeling much better, thank you! I never developed a fever but my milk was kind of clear colored, with very little of it. Daughter was refusing it. It was time to wean her anyways so I am using it as an excuse to do so. It’s going better than expected. For the mastitis, I am just pumping myself empty if I get overfilled, smoking rabbit tobacco, and taking some pulsatilla (homeopathic med) to help dry up. So far, so good. Thanks for asking!! Hope you never get mastitis. I had clogged ducts quite a bit in the early months. Would just turn the electric Breast pump on max for about 20 seconds to clear those suckers. It hurt but it worked immediately! Evened out pretty soon after that. Congrats on your new addition 😘

WildersMilkMaid

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Mastoblast. Washington Homeopathic Products, Inc You give 2ml to them AM & PM for ten days, orally Caprine Supply and Jeffers, Valley Vet, do/did carry. They have vaccines, also.

Yes, the bacteria can spread between goats. Yes, change bedding, use wipes before and after milking each side, each goat. Clean towel each time. Wipe the tube on the Henry Milker with clean, wet napkin between teats & animals -- since you have issues. I'd wipe our at least douse in bleach water when you are cleaning the gear. I have those milkers, also.

Warm compresses will often help soften, relax and encourage letdown response. Hope it isn't staph.
Thank you so much for the homeopathic treatment recommendation! I will definitely get my hands on that. And I very much appreciate your advice on switching wipes between teats and washing equipment between goats as well. We are considering buying more catheter tip syringes so we have a set for each goat we can just pop off/on between goats. More dishes is not what I need right now but you’re so right. While I have issues, I need to take extra precautions. Thanks!

Latest posts