HELP! Kit stuck inside birth canal

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP!
I have a Netherland Dwarf doe named Mascha (6 months old) who was due yesterday.
She made a nest this morning and I noticed she was bleeding a lot. Then she started having contractions a few hours ago. Nothing is happening, there's no kit coming out and I feel 2 inside of her.
I lubed up and put my finger in there to see if she was pinched...and she is.
I don't know what to do...the kits aren't moving at all and she is getting very weak. I read on a breeders website that there's nothing you can do besides euthanize or have an emergency C-section done but no clinics within hours of me are open today.
I've been giving her tons of black cohosh but her contractions are getting weaker.
Is there anything I can do??
I feel like i'm going to lose her today if I don't do something.

Last edited:

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
I moved her into the house a couple hours ago so she's not outside in this heat. She's in the bathtub with a bunch of towels.
She's still losing a lot of blood...I syringed her some electrolyte water hoping that will help her.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I moved her into the house a couple hours ago so she's not outside in this heat. She's in the bathtub with a bunch of towels.
She's still losing a lot of blood...I syringed her some electrolyte water hoping that will help her.

I haven't had this experience with my rabbits.....I will be frank with you, I would put her out of her misery. If she keeps loosing blood, she will die, if you try to save the kits...they most likly will die due to the stress they have been under during labor., .....sometimes you have to make a tough decision....I can only tell you what I would do in that situation :idunno:hugs:hugs:hugs

Last edited: