Help Me Name My Rabbitry!

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use it in salves and tinctures, the oil and juice from the pods has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Good thing huh...with all those dam thorns!
I'm gonna take a wild guess..........you spent some time in California?

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I find it interesting and pretty cool that you are making tinctures and your own salves......
I have apprenticed under two healers that I really respect. The first was an old woman who had been shunned/excommunicated from the amish. She made her living as a midwife. She me taught how to gather and use the plants here in Missouri and how to prepare them. My second teacher was a Cahto/Cree woman in Northern California. She taught me how to gather and use all of the plants available to me there.

Next I want to find a teacher that can instruct me in the medicines of the Rocky Mountains and the high desert. Someday I would like to apprentice for someone in the Appalachians too.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is very ambitious and i admire you following your interests.....many people are very closed minded, and are not open to other views, opinions or practices of medcine and life, somehow they feel compelled to tell the world that "they are correct " and everyone else is wrong. ...go for it....life is about the journey. ...as we each have our own destination. ...

Rezchamp

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
AMERICAN MYTHICAL GYPSY GENETICS Rabbitry

BLUE GYPSY Rabbits

THE A,B&G's of Rabbits(American blue & genetics)

GYPSY's GENETICS

Gypsy Hosta Rabbitry

Blue Hosta Rabbitry
Hosta Blue "

Oh I'm on a roll now
Thank you for the chance to have some fun. I'm 60 and I enjoyed being a happy little kid for 5 mins.
That said I can't help but to think how honored is be if you picked one of mine.
Still, I had fun.

Rezchamp

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Re: medicine
Wow, I'm happy for you. Keep it up.

I feel you on the "excommunicated" deal.
Same.
Labelled as "crazy" too.
I just tell people,"If I'd not been crazy all these years I'd be insane by now living amongst you insane idiots living within the box."
Usually I waited till I saw they'd formed a responce and promptly turned and quietly walked away just before they mouthed it(usually smiling evilly).
Harsh "medicine" but "medicine" nonetheless.
But ya,,✊more power to yuh.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Re: medicine
Wow, I'm happy for you. Keep it up.

I feel you on the "excommunicated" deal.
Same.
Labelled as "crazy" too.
I just tell people,"If I'd not been crazy all these years I'd be insane by now living amongst you insane idiots living within the box."
Usually I waited till I saw they'd formed a responce and promptly turned and quietly walked away just before they mouthed it(usually smiling evilly).
Harsh "medicine" but "medicine" nonetheless.
But ya,,✊more power to yuh.
You are too quiet, :duc you should post more! :thumbsup

FRED DESANTIS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have just reserved a trio of pedigreed American Blues that I will be picking up in the middle of January along with a pedigreed rex buck to go with the rex doe that I have! Soo... I have decided that it is time to register my rabbitry with the ARBA! The only thing is, my rabbitry does not have a name yet... I was wondering if y'all could help me come up with a good name!

Some facts about me and my rabbits that might help inspire you -

•My name is Gypsy.

•I have a double lot yard in town that I am actively making into a backyard homestead and I keep rabbits and chickens, I'm soon to add muscovy ducks and quail.

•I love mythology from all around the world.

•I am an avid bookworm.

• My first rabbit was an American White named Roger that I got for 4H when I was 11 years old (many years ago).

• My current herd started with a "buck" named Hoss who turned out to actually be a doe. Her name was changed to Hosta. She is a huge broken blue NZ/Flemish Giant, and is the sweetest rabbit on the planet. She thinks she is a dog.

•Since this is my first herd of colorful rabbits I am becoming facinated with color genetics and the endless color possibilities.

•I am selecting my rabbits for the ability to finish out well on natural fodder and try to feed them a healthy diverse natural diet.

Ok guys, any creative rabbitry name suggestions?
Pedigreed rabbits with healthy habits Rabbitry ?

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You are too quiet, :duc you should post more! :thumbsup
Lol.. between rabbits, and holiday preparations I have been running myself ragged the last couple of days! My sister's Christmas party was last night and I'm already sick of cooking... But I have to do it all again on Monday!

I got a few cute pics in the last couple of days though.

KIMG0319.jpg
KIMG0314.jpg
KIMG0303.jpg
KIMG0298.jpg
KIMG0297.jpg
KIMG0296.jpg
KIMG0277.jpg
KIMG0278.jpg
KIMG0276.jpg
KIMG0275.jpg