HELP ME!

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
AAAH!

I keep looking at pictures of goats here, and all of a sudden, I'm getting some! SAVE ME!!!

My DM and I found a pair of alpine does, and we fell in love! Can't... Help... It! DF is going to kill the pair of us! :th

Please, please, TALK ME OUT OF THIS!!! :barnie

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Better have good fences!

Good luck with your goats. You have DM on your side so DF will just have to deal with it--the old 2 to 1 thing ;)

Do you intend to milk them?

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Better have good fences!

Good luck with your goats. You have DM on your side so DF will just have to deal with it--the old 2 to 1 thing ;)

Do you intend to milk them?
Yes, we do have good woven wire + electric fences because the previous owners of the house had sheep. We have also been armed with already designed mangers, waterers, stalls and complete barn! :celebrate

DF has a lot to deal with already. Actually, it's DM that wants them the most. I want them, but I don't want to put my DF through that much. He's got fields to care for and he doesn't need fences to shore up and kids to feed. That'll fall on me.

Milk 'em? If my family would let me, I would love to. But no, at least not yet. They ARE a milk breed, so, really, there's always a chance I can talk them into it when things calm down a little.

EDIT: I will send pictures if and when we get the kids!

Chirpy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Don't get them (was that helpful?) ....... can't wait to see the pictures when you bring them home! :lol:

You are gonna LOVE them. :D

Griffin's Ark

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
You know the rule about posting without pictures!! Your excuse is sound but still not OK. There is no reason not to milk if they eventually have kids. If nothing else you can make soap and that is actually fairly easy. Now remember if you can see them with your eyes you can see them with a lens! :lol:

:thumbsup

Chris