Help, not getting any email notifications

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
I am sure someone has asked this, how do I ensure that I get my notifications for my watched threads? I thought I had it set up but I have not received an email since sept or oct? I have several threads that I have watched for years? Please help. I hope everyone is doing well

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
You should be getting emails, but it's possible your email provider is putting emails in the spam folder.

You can add support@<byh domain name.com> to your email address book.

Also, if you use gmail, the emails may be getting put into the "social" or "promotional" tabs to the top.

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
I must second Autumnprairie. If I don't create the thread AND select to recieve emails, I recieve zero notifications. Not to replied threads, my threads and so on, even though I've set my options to email me.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
A few things we need:

1. Did you make sure your subscription / "watched" settings for the thread says "notice & emails"?
  2. Did you check your spam folders?
  3. Have you checked the "promotional" tab?
  4. When did you stop receiving emails?
  5. Any other details that will help us troubleshoot the issue.

autumnprairie

Reaction score
You should be getting emails, but it's possible your email provider is putting emails in the spam folder.

You can add support@<byh domain name.com> to your email address book.

Also, if you use gmail, the emails may be getting put into the "social" or "promotional" tabs to the top.
No, I think it is because when I reply to a thread it automatically sets me up to watch but the default for that is not to send emails. I literally have to unwatch every thread and re-watch so I can change the default. I have changed my setting and still nothing.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
I see in your settings you have "Watch threads when creating or replying" set to "yes with email".

You're saying that when you reply to threads, it isn't subscribing you with email, but just subscribing you with alerts?

autumnprairie

Reaction score
Yes, it is like the default supersedes my preferences and the only way I get emails is to unwatch and rewatch so I can change the default. I am calling it a default because when the screen pops up it is automatically chosen not to receive emails only alerts.this setting would work if I only stayed on the site because I would see the red alert pop up in the right hand corner.
Can you change the default setting to always receive emails or to stop automatically watching threads when you reply so it will give us the option of emails first instead of having to unwatch and rewatch?
Thanks Nifty.
We don't say it enough but thank you for creating these sites.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Those settings should work fine on a user by user basis.

I've changed your setting to default to "no", so now you shouldn't be auto subscribed to anything so you'll have the option to set it to whatever you want.

I'll keep looking into why it isn't working as expected.

autumnprairie

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I am going through the ones I watch and redoing and catching up too

autumnprairie

Reaction score
Those settings should work fine on a user by user basis.

I've changed your setting to default to "no", so now you shouldn't be auto subscribed to anything so you'll have the option to set it to whatever you want.

I'll keep looking into why it isn't working as expected.
This setting is working great thanks again