Help please, goat teeth and gum problem

Kalimak

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi All,

Please see pictures, I tried to take the best pictures I could with her cooperating. I have not noticed this before. Behavior is as usual. Looks like she lost a tooth at some point, another is crooked, and her upper gum is not looking ok. It has close to what could be bluish coloration on the side, and i'm not experienced enough to tell if it's swollen or not. Please help on what I need to do. She's ND/Nubian mix, just over a year old.

IMG_6918.JPG
IMG_6917.JPG
IMG_6916.JPG

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Only issues i really see is around that front too where the gum is swollen. That could be from something that got in between the gum and tooth?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
In the thre years i have had goats i haven't had an issue with there teeth. There a several other members with alot more experience then me. @babsbag

Kalimak

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I imagine she might also be getting her adult teeth maybe????https://fiascofarm.com/goats/age.htm
I had no idea goats replaced teeth. I just looked it up after your comment, and it says goats drop the front 2 teeth around 12 months and replace them with permanent ones. I hope that's all what it is, I just can't be sure right now, also I'm not sure if that explains the swollen upper gum.

Kalimak

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It doesn't look swollen to me... But pictures can hid alot.

I took a picture of her the other day, and I kept telling myself there's something not right about her face, but I couldn't just figure out what. Today when I saw her mouth, I could tell that in that picture her upper gum is swollen. Take a look.

IMG_6878.jpg

Latest posts