Help please, goat teeth and gum problem

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mmm to me it looks more like her lower jaw thats swollen in that picture. You would know her better then me

Attachments

• 20200621_193249.jpg
    20200621_193249.jpg
    723.1 KB · Views: 263

Kalimak

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Mmm to me it looks more like her lower jaw thats swollen in that picture. You would know her better then me
Her bottom jaw got a little bump since her goatee started coming in about 2 months ago if I remember correctly. I’ve been always checking if swollen and all I feel is her hair. And I’m doing routine fecals too, because I had my suspicions. But thankfully they’ve been coming back clean.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m really not sure. I will check the gum on her sister today and see how different they are.
Depending on what they forage/Graze on a thistle prickle or something stuck in the gum can definitely cause iratation or abscess. My friend had a foal and raw fence rails. It got an abscess from chewing the fence. Antibiotics were given and abscess cleaned out.

Kalimak

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Depending on what they forage/Graze on a thistle prickle or something stuck in the gum can definitely cause iratation or abscess. My friend had a foal and raw fence rails. It got an abscess from chewing the fence. Antibiotics were given and abscess cleaned out.
Thanks a lot. I will look into all possibilities.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Better to be over observate then not noticing. Your learning and that's great. I was hoping for nothing but you never know. I have been there lol more often then i care to admit.

Kalimak

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Better to be over observate then not noticing. Your learning and that's great. I was hoping for nothing but you never know. I have been there lol more often then i care to admit.
You're right. And yes, a lot of things are new to me, i've only been doing for just over a year now. Still have a long road ahead.

Latest posts