Help!!! Rabbit with...really bad skin issue?!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, first, hi all! Yesterday when I was tending to my bunnies, I noticed something terrible on one of my does. She’s always been totally healthy. She’s about...8ths old? Had her first litter about 2months ago...a little more....they are all sold. I rebred her about a week ago. She has been fine. Yesterday was the first time I noticed anything. Granted, I don’t pick them all up and check on them daily... I texted my vet yesterday with the pictures, but I think, with the craziness, she hasn’t had time to get back....I don’t want to wait. I also don’t want to take her to the vet right now...with everything. This is not a result of her pulling fur...first, she’s only been bred a week ago, second, they don’t pull out like this...this is wayyy worse than that. Could she be wormy? But, her bumm is fine, and I’ve never seen a reaction to worms like this. If it were mites..they would all have it, and no one else is sick or showing any signs of missing hair, etc. any help would be much appreciated. Plus, while we figure this out...how can I treat the symptoms to male her feel better? Do I separate her from my others, in case this is contagious?
DBA4A4CA-EA4A-4FAB-B0BB-FABA77143F1F.jpeg
5C3B2C2E-2BD4-40A8-83EF-5FDC93E63142.jpeg
839C6AE2-018B-46EE-AB7B-9C6D7B263E2D.jpeg

ancient

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Can rabbits get scabies?looks like when dogs get scabies.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Geez, no clue, I’ll have to check tha5 out. The vet, who did this by phone and I texted pictures, said it could be lice or mites....but she’s my large animal vet. I have her quarantined. I put a nest box in...just in case that’s the issue?? Thanks, I’ll look up scabies now!

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Put some Nustock on it and dust her with sulfur dust, ACV in the water. Should cover all the bases.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Put some Nustock on it and dust her with sulfur dust, ACV in the water. Should cover all the bases.
Ok, I’ve got the nustock coming in the mail any day from Jeffers for my kid. Sulfer dust...you mean like I dust the goats or chickens with? Thanks a ton!?,