Help!! re Netherland Dwarf rabbits

hannahmagdaluyo

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new owner of two netherland dwarf bunnies. They are eating and drinking but they're just sitting there, staring into space.

Is this normal? I just got them today. Are they just stressed out or something? What should I do?

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME. I'M FREAKING OUT :(

Thanks in advance:)

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
First off, Welcome to the Forum.

You bunnies are a bit stressed. All bunnies go through a settling down period. My best advise for you and your new bunnies is to just be there. Feed them, talk to them, but just do everything slowly. Give them at least 3 days to get used to the surroundings, the noise, and you. You must gain their trust.

I know it sounds odd, but bunnies need to know they can trust you and that they are in a place that is safe. They are just sitting there because they are nervous.

It takes time, just be patient. Just remember, rabbits are prey animals. And they are hardwired that they can be swooped away at any time as dinner. They are not sure of you. It will come. Just takes time and patience. You will be find.

Enjoy your new Netherlands.

K

hannahmagdaluyo

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Ms. Research said:
First off, Welcome to the Forum.

You bunnies are a bit stressed. All bunnies go through a settling down period. My best advise for you and your new bunnies is to just be there. Feed them, talk to them, but just do everything slowly. Give them at least 3 days to get used to the surroundings, the noise, and you. You must gain their trust.

I know it sounds odd, but bunnies need to know they can trust you and that they are in a place that is safe. They are just sitting there because they are nervous.

It takes time, just be patient. Just remember, rabbits are prey animals. And they are hardwired that they can be swooped away at any time as dinner. They are not sure of you. It will come. Just takes time and patience. You will be find.

Enjoy your new Netherlands.

K
Thank you!! So glad i found this forum! I'll just post every time i have questions! haha

a7736100

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Bunnies will sit and do nothing most of the day. Kinda like cats sleeping most of the day.

lastfling

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Some can be like that. I've got (2) ND's a buck and doe. The buck is all about being friendly, running to cage door anytime you're in rabbitry, liking head scratches, etc. The doe is another story. Her standard appearance is backed into a corner looking out. She willl switch corners, but beyond that -- nada. She would make a good lap bunny, as she doesn't move. Rabbits are just like people they come in all shapes, sizes and personalities.

cattlecait

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Most bunnies won't do much other then just sit and chill. Some more active breeds may move around, but keep in mind that rabbits are mostly active during the early morning and late evening. Daytime to them holds nothing different then sitting on the couch and eating nachos.