Help! Sick week old doeling **vet update**

Cooperkeeper

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your baby's injury. I have not heard of a partially blind goat either, though my experience with goats is quite new. I do know of several horses that have had eye injuries resulting in blindness on one side and go on to compete in the show ring. I would think as long as she is strong and not being bullied (couldn't see a potential head butt coming from one side) that she ought to adapt just fine. Poor little thing.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a friend that pulled a foxtail our of a goat's eye and the eyeball was cloudy and we were all sure the goat was going to be blind. It actually healed just fine so don't give up on it healing yet.

I think she would be fine with one eye if it comes to that. I have a cat with one eye and he does fine. It is amazing what animals can overcome.

SkyWarrior

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I remember dropping by a farm that had a horse with an eye removed. Got a stick stuck in it. The horse was fine--did great. The eye socket was a little creepy though. :sick

rebelINny

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I had one of my first ever goats that had pink eye and I didn't realize it until her eye was turning completely white (I know I should have noticed it way before hand but I had three tiny children that limited my time with the goats :rolleyes: ) . I got a vet tech that gave me some tetracycline to put in her eye and it healed very very fast and she saw out of it fine after that.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
SkyWarrior said:
I remember dropping by a farm that had a horse with an eye removed. Got a stick stuck in it. The horse was fine--did great. The eye socket was a little creepy though. :sick
Should get them a pirate patch. Arrrrrg :D

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies and encouragement.

The eye seems a bit better today and she is more perky too.

She'd look totally adorable in a lil eye patch! Lol