Help!!! Very sick buckling

Mason&lily

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
His temp is 103.7(he has been laying in the sun all day just to note) he still has an appetite. Yesterday he has really watery poop...today is is harder like hard pudding. I do not have any banamine. I do have infants pain and fever acetaminophen liquid that I used for something before I can't remember

Mason&lily

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I can go to the store and get more corrid. Anything else I can pick up. Also he doesn't answer appear dehydrated when I do the pinch test on his skin.

Mason&lily

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I won't be able to get corrid till tomorrow....the only place that carries it is closed....I'm out of Albon can't get it till tomorrow'. I do have some sulmet I could give till I get albon.

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Any updates?

Even if you don't have a goat vet, I would find a large animal/horse vet to get a fecal and get you some DiMethox.

Eteda

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I agree with the others
I would think electrolytes would be good. May be weak because of ...... Yesterday he had really watery poop..depending on your location 101-103 temp is normal for my area down south in mississippi. You do need to get a fecal done and it would be really helpful if they could take a blood sample. it shows all kinds of thing such as white blood count, low calcium, magnesium levels, potassium etc. I had no idea they could test for so much. while you are their get some of the little vials to cary home for future samples you might need to take in. DiMethox and Albon, are both brands of sulfadimethoxine. however that .7 tells me his temp need to be watched. might be trying to rise. If you cant find a good goat vet find a goat dairy person. they usually have extensive knowledge. It is hard to diagnose an animal without being able to evaluate it hands on. Sometimes I sit and stare at my sheep for hours until I figure out what is wrong with them. When I can't figure it out in the truck they go to the vet!!!!:barnie