Help. Whats happening with my ewe

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi all... my ewe is trying to lamb by the looks of things but what she is trying to push out does not look normal... when she lies down and strains a mass looks like its is coming out but when she stands up it all goes back in. There is no bubble like sack and it has not burst and there is no thick mucus involved. I got back from town and found her straining and was quite shocked at what I saw ... I will post a pick but it is night time here so not sure how clear it will be

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi all... my ewe is trying to lamb by the looks of things but what she is trying to push out does not look normal... when she lies down and strains a mass looks like its is coming out but when she stands up it all goes back in. There is no bubble like sack and it has not burst and there is no thick mucus involved. I got back from town and found her straining and was quite shocked at what I saw ... I will post a pick but it is night time here so not sure how clear it will be

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just saw this 2 hours later. How is she doing, and is she still straining?

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Here is a pic
I just saw this 2 hours later. How is she doing, and is she still straining?
Morning. Everything stopped at 10.30 last night... all straining up and down everything... I was up through the night checking on her went to bed at 3 am and back up at 6 to check on her and she came running with the others for their feed...

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok it would appear that it was a urinary prolapse. When I did an internal at 10.30 and could only feel a sack I must have moved it which then allowed her to urinate and took pressure off the bladder... I must admit I have never seen anything like it before... she is on antibiotics now due to the internal so fingers crossed that everything is fine for now but will keep you all updated

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Never had one prolapse, so I’m no help to you. But others here have and know a lot more than I do!

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This group has helped me so much in the last 10 or so months that I have been on it. Without all you guys I have no idea what I would have done... it's not that easy to get a vet out and sometimes not even necessary... Thank you everyone...

Latest posts