Help. Whats happening with my ewe

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi all. Ok a quick update.. my other 2 ewes are looking better so not too worried about them... Little Guy (that's her name) still not lambed but this is what her back end looks like... totally different to 10 days ago

Attachments

• IMG-20210821-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210821-WA0000.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 117

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
OK still no lamb. The vet was here Friday to vaccinate my horse and scan a few sheep. He scanned my little girl and picked up movement from the baby but it took a long time before he did... he also did an internal to check that there was no smell... so now it's again a waiting game... I'm going to post another thread about a calf and see if anyone can help

Zummerol

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We have a baby... momma did very well. No prolapse during the birth. I think I was really lucky as I was all on my own at 2am this morning when she decided to have her little girl.. one question though... after she finished giving birth and all looked fine I moved them into a stall as we have a few roaming wild life here. When I checked on mommy again she had another water sack hanging out of her... it burst and I have been checking on her to see if there was another baby coming but she is not down and has not been down since she gave birth.. have not seen this in my other ewes so thought I would check with you all... pics will follow later in the day

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Probably everything went well because you were prepared for the worst! LOL It is a rule that if you are prepared for all eventualities nothing happens and everything goes like clockwork. ;)

Latest posts