Help

Mariah12

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Help I have a goat that has been having dirrahea for 3 days and it won’t go away 2 weeks ago he went to the vet and and got treated for coccidia I just dewormer him yesterday afternoon thinking he might have worms but today he still has dirrahea I been giving him electrolytes 3 times a day any suggestions on what I can do he also got Anemic and I’ve been. giving him vitamin b 12

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Help I have a goat that has been having dirrahea for 3 days and it won’t go away 2 weeks ago he went to the vet and and got treated for coccidia I just dewormer him yesterday afternoon thinking he might have worms but today he still has dirrahea I been giving him electrolytes 3 times a day any suggestions on what I can do he also got Anemic and I’ve been. giving him vitamin b 12
I would call the vet and ask.

Hopefully, since the vet already saw him, you can get some advice over the phone.

How old is he? And what is he eating?

If he is looking anemic, you might need to get some iron in him. I would use a paste. Usually it is called "pig paste with oral iron"

Mariah12

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I would call the vet and ask.

Hopefully, since the vet already saw him, you can get some advice over the phone.

How old is he? And what is he eating?

If he is looking anemic, you might need to get some iron in him. I would use a paste. Usually it is called "pig paste with oral iron"
He is 6 months old and he has Been eating orchard grass My vet is short on staff so it’s hard to get ahold of him I wil go out and buy the oral paste to help him out

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
He is 6 months old and he has Been eating orchard grass My vet is short on staff so it’s hard to get ahold of him I wil go out and buy the oral paste to help him out
Bummer on the vet .. but yes, everyone is short staffed now.

Orchard grass should be perfect feed for him... something is clearly wrong if he is still having dirrahea.

Maybe he needs a second round to get rid of the coccidia?

Mariah12

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Yes my goats dirrahea usually last a day or so but he’s also looking very thin which is concerning me I just called in but waiting on the doc responds

Mariah12

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Did the vet get back with you?

How is your goat?
Yesss He did yesterday afternoon and he said that the coccidia probably came back so he gave me more albon to treat and recommend me red cell for Anemic and so far he’s eating and walking around in his pin