Herd Name Poll

woodsie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My daughter (6.5 yr old) is wanting to start showing Nigerian Dwarf goats this year (very casually and just for fun at this point) but we are switching over to registered nigerians and so need to come up with a herd name. We would love to hear some feedback from fellow goat lovers, suggestions welcome too!

So here is what we have come up with so far: (oh and our last name is Woods and our farm used to be known as "dogpatch" around town, incase someone has a good suggestion)

1. Rock-a-Billy
2. Goodie Goats
3. KandyKidz
4. Whirlwoods
5. Kaleidoscope
6. Just Kidding

We would add an 'Acres' or 'Nigerian Dwarfs" or "goats" at the end but want to narrow down the part that goes on the registered name of each goat.

We really appreciate the feedback!

Thanks!

elbesta

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How about ............. HomeintheWoods Acres ?

elbesta

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My DW suggested, LostintheWoods Acres.

rebelINny

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just Kidding I know is already taken with ADGA at least. I bought a bunch of goats a few years ago with that herdname. I like the above two ideas too. You could always put the two you mentioned together as DogpatchWoods, definitely unique.

woodsie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I like lostinthewoods too....the only thing is its kind of long and limits the letter you can choose for a registerable name. We just had our first registerable Nubian doeling born yesterday so looks like I will be using the herd name shortly.

woodsie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Pet n' Pail Goat Patch? Herd name just "Petn'Pail"? I kind of like that for pets and milking goats.

taylorm17

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Not sure, Lost In the Woods is Good- I like WhirlWoods, and My idea is umm..... how about Wooden Patch? Also what is a very abundant tree on your farm?