Hey from an Alaskan Texan

PingRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Welcome from north Idaho! :frow
We have good friends in Homer. Well, half are in Homer, the other half is here. He welds on the fishing boats, she holds down the Idaho fort.

I think you couldn't have picked a more dramatic change of climate, but you sound very good natured about it. Best wishes for a good gardening season!
Yea... I spent all my time inside next to the heater in Alaska, and now I spend all my time inside next to the AC! Maybe I don’t like the outdoors as much as I think I do! 😂 thanks for the welcome! What’s Idaho like, got four seasons? One of these days I’m going to figure it out and find a place with ALL the seasons! :p

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
A big howdy and welcome from Erath County! We are almost neighbors, give or take a county or two.

I've discovered that where I am if the plant says it wants sun it does quite well in light shade and plants that like some shade do well in heavier shade.

We use all the bunny poop in the vegetable gardens as well as the goat poop and trod on hay. The flower gardens have to fend for themselves and they are doing nicely.

Looking forward to reading your adventures with bunnies and gardens.

PingRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
A big howdy and welcome from Erath County! We are almost neighbors, give or take a county or two.

I've discovered that where I am if the plant says it wants sun it does quite well in light shade and plants that like some shade do well in heavier shade.

We use all the bunny poop in the vegetable gardens as well as the goat poop and trod on hay. The flower gardens have to fend for themselves and they are doing nicely.

Looking forward to reading your adventures with bunnies and gardens.
Thanks for the welcome! Yea.. I’m working on making my soil rich with those little rabbit nuggets this year for sure! One of my favorite parts of having rabbits (very new to raising these sweet little poop makers)!
I’m definitely hopeful for the shade garden... I mean, broccoli and peppers did fine once they weren’t hot and shaded.. so as long as I give it time, I think the shade keeps them alive through the rough months, and they’ll gather enough sun eventually 😂 will definitely let you know how it goes!

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yea... I spent all my time inside next to the heater in Alaska, and now I spend all my time inside next to the AC! Maybe I don’t like the outdoors as much as I think I do! 😂 thanks for the welcome! What’s Idaho like, got four seasons? One of these days I’m going to figure it out and find a place with ALL the seasons! :p

Haha! Yes, we have all four seasons, they may not be very evenly distributed, but there are four.
Sadly we are full up, barely standing room anymore. :hit
The housing market has exploded, my kids have no possible hope of ever buying any land, much less an existing house. Pure insanity. Houses are on the market for mere hours, and many are being offered tens of thousands over the asking price. But apparently many other states are experiencing the same thing.

Latest posts