Hey, Grandpa, what's for supper ?

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We were planning on going to Chili's tonight, but a MAJOR thunderstorm hit and freaked our golden so I made do at home. Baked beans, pickles, macaroni salad and hotdogs got the job done.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Leftovers from last night- oven smoked chicken, white rice and Brussels sprouts.

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Went to a movie so we stopped for burgers and fries on the way home.

lcertuche

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We're still moving so it's been whatever I can throw in the crockpot. Tonight was taco soup and cornbread.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Taco soup doesn't sound so bad. Where did you ever find a recipe? I would like to give it a try.

lcertuche

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Mother Hen there are hundreds of taco soup recipes (literally) but this is mine.

1/2 pound ground meat or leftover meat of some kind chopped small
28 ounce can or qt. jar of tomatoes of some kind. I usually use crushed but any kind will work even pasta sauce.
a couple cans of corn
a couple cans of beans or a qt of my canned beans whatever kind you like.
diced onion or onion powder
minced garlic or garlic powder
Chili powder to taste
salt and pepper to taste

I dump everything in the pot and bring to a boil. Let simmer a few minutes or just dump in the crockpot and leave a few hours.

I will add leftover stuff to it like green beans, fried potatoes, etc. I also will throw in chopped jalapenos or chilies if I have them.

A lot of people like crackers with it but we always have cornbread or a crusty homemade bread.

In the winter we have this almost every week. It is quicker to make than waiting in a drive-through lane at Mickey D's and so much better. Way healthier and cheaper.

lcertuche

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Supper last night had to be quick because I waiting for court most the day. It was a casserole made with boxed mac & cheese, ground beef cooked, onions, garlic, grated cheese and sour cream. There was buttered plain white bread on the side and watermelon. Not healthy but filling and tasty.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Icertuche, thank you for sharing your recipe with me. Hope court went good.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Homemade chicken stir fry for dinner tonight. The veggies weren't homegrown but they were frozen