Hey I'm new here...

Libertyangora

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
From Ohio, joined a couple weeks ago, just didn't have time to say hi. My two French angoras are just losing their baby coat.

Libertyangora

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks, do you have fiber rabbits?

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from NE Ohio! I have Icelandic sheep, but a friend of mine has Angora rabbits.

Libertyangora

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Cool, what's the name of the rabbitry? if you don't mind me asking. New to this so I'm just trying to get to know where all the breeders are.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
:frowWelcome Liberty! So nice to have you join us. We have lots of wonderful, caring members here, who are willing to help relative newbies. :D

So, am I understanding that you are new to rabbits, since your Angoras are losing their baby coats?

You will find that we are a very visual group and require LOTS of pictures. So, by all means - make sure you post lots of photos!

:frow :welcome :frow

P.S. I forgot to add, that I'm another Texan, giving a soggy, but warm welcome from East Texas. We are blessed with quite a few awesome Texans here on BYH.

Last edited:

Libertyangora

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Yes, i just got them about three weeks ago,
and they just lost their baby coats. So I've been spending the last week or so, grooming
I'll try to remember to post pics tomorrow morning and I'll also try to include pics of all the fiber I gotten off of them.

Libertyangora

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks! haven't been able to get good pics yet but I hopefully will tomorrow morning.

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cool, what's the name of the rabbitry? if you don't mind me asking. New to this so I'm just trying to get to know where all the breeders are.
She used to breed but she doesn't anymore. Just has a few older bunnies now.

Will you be going to the Great Lakes Fiber Festival in Wooster next May? It's a great place to find contacts for just about any kind of fiber and fiber animal.