Hey y'all from South Texas!

Mrs.Gray1211

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hey y'all! Been reading these forums for a few months for advice and thought I should join so I can ask specific questions when needed and offer help where I can!
We are on a small ranch in South Texas, with 2 Pygmy goats and 5 sheep, a mix of pelibuey, dorper and black hawaiian. We had two pregnant ewes, one a first timer. Had our first lamb born Sunday morning, and sadly we lost him last night. Pretty sure it was pneumonia based on the rattling in his lungs. Other Mama should be due in the next week or so, she is an experienced Mama so hoping this one goes better!
Glad to meet y'all!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey y'all! Been reading these forums for a few months for advice and thought I should join so I can ask specific questions when needed and offer help where I can!
We are on a small ranch in South Texas, with 2 Pygmy goats and 5 sheep, a mix of pelibuey, dorper and black hawaiian. We had two pregnant ewes, one a first timer. Had our first lamb born Sunday morning, and sadly we lost him last night. Pretty sure it was pneumonia based on the rattling in his lungs. Other Mama should be due in the next week or so, she is an experienced Mama so hoping this one goes better!
Glad to meet y'all!
Welcome!

Sad the lambing didn't go well. :fl the next one does well.

Are you south Texas inland, so dry you don't even have clouds.... or south Texas, yes I do see rain.

I did my research project outside of Alice. No breeze, no clouds.... I loved it.

Mrs.Gray1211

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
@Alaskan - thank you for the well wishes! We’re anxiously awaiting his/her/their arrival!
We are in Sandia, not too far from Alice! We do get quite a bit of wind, but we also get quite a bit of rain and quite a bit of HEAT lol We moved here from Colorado last November and just love it. This is our forever home!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought that area was lovely.

Looking back, I wonder if there were no clouds and no breeze simply because I tended to work down there in high summer.

It was a pretty drive down from College Station.