Hey, y'all from WV

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So, I have been on BackYard Chickens for a while now but finally decided to join BackYard Herds.

I am 15 and have been living on my grandads farm for as long a I can remember.

I have one cow, 20 some chickens, 9 turkeys, 1 duck, and 1 dog.

In the future I am planning on getting sheep, tilapia, bees, goats, rabbits, and quail.

The wording (Conversations, Messages, and Likes mainly) is differant on BYH than on BYC so it will take some getting used to.

I have about 200 posts on BYC so It will be strange to bump back down to 1.;)

I live in WV so I would love to here from you if you live near me.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any tips that y'all will probably give me in the future.

MW

...:pop

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh gosh, let me see if I can remember...

Go to your profile page....look at the "Information" tab...should be able to do it there, I think.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Oregon.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings Micah and welcome to BYH. Many of us are also over on BYC. Glad you decided to join us. To create/change your signature, hover you mouse over your name up top on the right (next to the inbox button) and it should drop down a selection screen. Move the mouse down to "Signature" (2nd one down on the left hand column) and click it. As an aside, you can right click and open it in a new browser window so you don't "lose your place". Browse around :caf and make yourself at home!

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Ohio! I see you put sheep first in the list of animals you want :) what kind of sheep are you interested in?

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes.

I got my sig. set up.

How y'all like it?

Oh and @norseofcourse I am planning getting katahdin sheep.

I have been working on getting fence set up and my grandads barn cleaned up enough for animals in it for about two years now. I am finally getting close. 4 more gates, two more electric wires on what fence I have so far, and 3 livestock panels from now I might finally have sheep.
:weee:celebrate

Anyway, thanks for all the warm welcomes

MW